This map shows MCCT’s last area under construction by EBMUD. June 2nd, National Trails Days, is set to be an historic day! EBMUD estimates this trail’s construction will finally be completed.
- Over 1.16 miles of abandoned water ditch between Middle Bar and Big Bar will be developed as part of the new Independence Flat loop trail
- This loop does not extend or connect east to BLM’s new “Mokelumne River Whitewater Trail Big Bar Launch” & parking lot at Hwy 49
- New river access will be available along the trail. EBMUD will provide this information after the loop trail is opened. View the Google map below to learn more about river access using EBMUD’s Middle Bar Take Out located just across the river (link is good but is dated before Big Bar Launch)
Progress to Date:
- Conversion of ditch remains to trail tread started in August of 2011, relying on hand tools and hard work. On average, the crew completes 150 feet a day.
- The cross-country portion of trail is being built on 60% to 75% cross slope using a 1-ton mini excavator. With around 1,050 feet of the cross country portion complete, that leaves a balance of about 400 feet. Several gulch crossings were also developed.
More information: call Steve Diers 209-772-8260 or firstname.lastname@example.org